Ordering resources increases their base cost by 25%, any values after the comma are truncated.
Firewood is possibly the most efficient trade good for selling, given that it's an infinite resource with high value.
Clothing and tools
There is one caveat: Steel tools cost more in production (2 + 5 + 6 = 13), if produced by an uneducated blacksmith.
Food and consumables
Ordering food explicitly does not increase the cost, due to the above mentioned rounding.
- Most types of food, such as food made from plants have a value of 1.
- Eggs have a value of 2.
- Any type of meat has a value of 3.
- Herbs have a value of 4, but ordering them increses their cost to 5.
- Ale is offered for 8 units, but costs 10, when explicitly ordered.
Livestock can be purchased from livestock merchants, which is a requirement for pastures.
- Cattle can be bought for 800(?) currency units, and cost 1000, if explicitly ordered.
- Chicken can be bought for 400 currency units, and cost 500, if explicitly ordered.
- Sheep can be bought for 600(?) currency units, and cost 750, if explicitly ordered.
Seeds are required to grow crops on crop fields. There is no point in buying each seed more than once. Once purchased, the seeds can be used infinitely. The available seeds can also be checked in the town hall.
- Each type of seed costs 2500 currency units, ordering them from a seed merchant increases the cost to 3125 units.